Ultimate RC Home RC Forum RC Videos RC Photos RC Projects & others
Affiliate links:
Not a Member Yet? You're Missing Out!
Sign up in minutes for a free URC Network account and you'll be able to post in over 100+ forum categories, search over a decade of archived topics, exchange private messages with other members, upload pictures to the RC photo galleries, and much more!

Already have an account?
Sign in below!
Sign in:
"Experienced user"
synastr - 3.01.13, 9:04 pm Post #1: | Reply With Quote
I was looking at getting a erevo roller. And it seems to be like 275 for a roller. No wheels,servos, or motor/esc. I have all but servos but compared to 500 new. That gives roughly 225 for parts. I know it's easy. But say 50 for wheels 150 for esc motor. Batteries. 18.99 for one servo. It's almost cheaper to buy the revo new then sell off the brushed system and batteries and wheels and tires. And possibly be cheaper.
How come my e-maxx always eats my friends nitro rustler front end?!?! Hehe
"Talking Demon Llama"
Heater - 3.02.13, 2:18 am Post #2: | Reply With Quote
Keep in mind how the ebay resellers make their rollers. They buy the complete kit and strip the various parts off of them and mark each one of them up to make more profit.

It would be cheaper for you to do the same thing, no doubt about it.

You could buy the complete vehicle, sell off the unwanted items at a decent markup and come in well under the 275 that you are normally seeing for a roller.

However I would not go that route with a brushed edition. A brushed system would be much more difficult to sell than the brushless and a much less markup would be possible.
"Experienced user"
synastr - 3.02.13, 11:31 am Post #3: | Reply With Quote
I wanna get another erevo and I got tires, and a brushless system but I don't wanna have 500 in it.
"Talking Demon Llama"
Heater - 3.02.13, 1:33 pm Post #4: | Reply With Quote
New Rollers go for 250-300, there just isn't any way around that unless you find someone that doesn't know what they are worth.

Only other way around it is to find a used roller. Good luck on your quest.
"Experienced user"
synastr - 3.02.13, 1:38 pm Post #5: | Reply With Quote
Thanks. I can get my old one for about 430. It's got brand new electronics. So say I get 130 all of it, I'd have 300 in a complete roller lol